Sunday, June 4, 2017

Wonder; wander

Wonder; wander #1(der)

In which I dance amidst the unwritten white and see where it takes me. "***" indicates a new thought, often building upon the one before in some way. I will try to make one of these once in a while, though it remains experimental and thus flexible. Let us begin! (originally written 12/1/16)

Where shall I go? I wonder.
***
To the mountain of Erebor? To the city of emeralds? Where shall the road take me? I wander.
***
Eternal, a traveler, the twists and turns, forks asunder.
***
Rifts deep with hope, the open sky of dread.
Perhaps the empty mountain, or the wooded valley instead.
***
One second a prison, an unbreakable chill.
***
Invisible, a web of thick smoke.
Leaving uncertain dreams, unspoken nightmares.
A riveting allure, impassable walls close in.
It's only me and the white darkness.
***
Perhaps only me and myself.
***
Perhaps only me. Truly a lonely mountain.
For not truly does the city bear hope, only lies.
The answer always lies. Within.
***
Is it not true? Gaze from afar, let your eyes enter the labyrinth of darkness.
Truly, do mortal men lie of the after as they do the before?
***
For...
***
Can only the ichor-bred resist the saccharine?
Can only the weak fare well in perilous plight?
Indeed, such we call before us.
Farewell.

No comments:

Post a Comment